The Prophetic and Hebraic Heritage Tour Journey the Holy Land of Israel and Walk Where Our Messiah Walked OCTOBER 21 – November 1, 2019
Get Connected to the Heritage of Your Faith Enhancing your faith in Jesus by learning the faith of Yeshua
Monday, October 21, 2019
Depart on your flight(s) from your local International Airport to Israel. Air flight not included. You are responsible for the air flight that will put you in Israel by noon or so on Oct. 22nd
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Arrive in Israel. When you arrive at Ben Gurion Airport, you must arrive in time to meet us at our hotel in Tel Aviv for a quick tour of Jaffa and our first evening dinner in the land. Overnight: Yam Hotel near Mediterranean Sea
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
After our 7:00 am breakfast we will be ready for the first day of wonder exploring the following sites:
- Caesarea – The ancient manmade seaport of King Herod where one of his palaces stood. We will also tour the restored theater and crusader city.
- Megiddo – This great city was strategically located on the main trading routes between Babylonia and Egypt. From here we overlook Armageddon, where the final battle will take place.
- Mount Carmel – The place where Elijah defeated the Prophets of Ba’al. From here we get an amazing view of the valley of Armageddon.
- Bahai Gardens – We will ascend to the height of Mound Carmel in Haifa and overlook the incredibly beautiful Bahai Gardens.
- Overnight and dinner at the hotel.
Thursday October 24, 2019
After breakfast, we stay in the Galilee where we visit:
- Safed (Tzfat) was the Cradle of Kabbalah (Jewish mysticism) and a delightful artist colony. It is probably “the city set on a hill” that Jesus pointed His disciples to.
- Sepphoris – This is the birth place of Mary. Once the capital of Galilee, this excavated city has some of the most magnificent mosaics in the country including “The Mona Lisa of the Galilee.” Joseph & Jesus very possibly worked as stone masons here.
- Nazareth Village -- A walk back in time and see how the Israelis lived in the time of Jesus.
- Baptismal in the Jordan – For all those who wish to be baptized in the Jordan – now is the time. Overnight and dinner at the hotel.
Friday, October 25, 2019
Today we head to the Galilee Panhandle and the strategic Golan Heights.
- Tel Dan -- This national park & archeological site offer a blend of Israel’s natural beauty & Biblical history.
- Caesarea Phillippi where Jesus revealed to the disciples His purpose and where Peter identified Jesus as the Messiah.
- Nimrod’s Fortress – This is a medieval Ayyubid castle that overlooks the Golan Heights and was build with the purpose of guarding a major access route to Damascus.
- Golan Heights/ Ben Tal – Ben Tal is an IDF base where we will look down the hill into Syria, to the left to Lebanon, to the right to Jordan and behind us to Israel. Overnight and dinner at the hotel.
Saturday, October 26, 2019
Another amazing day in the Galilee.
- The Mount of Beatitudes – Sits on the hill, overlooking the Sea of Galilee, where Jesus delivered His Sermon on the Mount.
- Capernaum – This was the center of Jesus’ Galilee Ministry where He healed the sick and performed miracles.
- Town of Magdala: This is the hometown of Mary Magdalene who was the first person to see the risen Lord. In 2009 archeologists unearthed the first synagogue ever discovered in the Galilee from the time of Jesus. The probability is very high that Jesus was in this synagogue.
- Ginossar – Here, we will visit the Jesus Boat Museum, housing a boat buried in the mud of the Sea of Galilee that dates back to the time of Jesus.
- Sea of Galilee Boat Ride – We will cruise across the Sea on a wooden boat. The sea the Master stilled the water with His word. Overnight and dinner:
Sunday, October 27, 2019
This morning we will check out of our hotel and we now proceed to the Dead Sea, arriving at the lowest point on earth for a float in the sea and an evening of pampering in a lovely hotel overlooking the Dead Sea.
- Robert Weinger – You will meet this man who blows two shofars at one time. Amazing!
- Qumran – Home to the ancient Essenes where they wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls, and where we will visit the excavated sites of Qumran and view the location where The Scrolls were found in 1947.
- Ein Gedi - We will drive by where David hid from King Saul and spared his life.
- Masada – This UNESCO World Heritage site was once Herod’s mountain top palace and fortress. Here, we ascend to the site by cable car and learn about the last Jewish stand against the Romans and the mass suicide of the 960 Jewish defenders.
- Dead Sea – Here we will enjoy a float in the dead sea and an evening of pampering in a lovely hotel overlooking the Dead Sea. Overnight and dinner: Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Hotel
Monday, October 28, 2019
Today we are going to journey into the Negev desert visiting many sights that most people never have the chance to visit:
- Timna Valley/Solomon’s Mines–This unique area of geological formations is rich in copper.
- Wilderness Tabernacle Model – This full scale reproduction is accurate in every way to the dimensions described in the bible.
- Eilat Underwater Observatory is an amazing place to see fish and coral in their natural habitat.
- Israeli Southern Border – Nestled on the shores of the Red Sea we can view Egypt, Saudi Arabia & Jordan in one panoramic view.
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
This morning we head up (aliya) to the Holy City of Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem – As we enter the city for the first time, we have a spectacular view of the city of peace from the Mount of Olives before we walk down the Palm Sunday Road to the Garden of Gethsemane.
- The Burnt House – This excavation of a 1st century home and will give you an idea of what living in Jerusalem was like in ancient times.
- The Temple Institute – Here, you will be amazed to learn just how ready the Jewish people are for the building of Ezekiel’s Temple.
- Shorashim – Shorashim means “Roots”. This is a biblical shop owned by two Orthodox Jewish men who will answer any questions you may have. This is a wonderful place to shop.
- Free Time - Shop in the Jewish Quarter and the Cardo or just people watch.
- The Friends of Zion Heritage Center: This museum shows the love of God through Christians in a powerful way to the Jewish people and the world. This is an unmistakable message of love, sacrifice and compassion.
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
One more day exploring the sites of Jerusalem.
- Ramat Rachel – This is a kibbutz from which we will view the city of Bethlehem and the shepherd’s field.
- Scale Model of Jerusalem – This fabulous reconstruction of the old city of Jerusalem gives us a chance to better understand the importance of the second temple and the city during Herodian times.
- Shrine of the Book Museum – Here we can see many original fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls, plus a replica of the great Isaiah scroll.
- The Garden Tomb – The Garden Tomb Association have preserved these beautiful gardens surrounding the traditional site of the burial place of Jesus.
- City of David – We will be guided through the site and the new excavations of the City of David. You will have the opportunity to walk through Hezekiah’s tunnel and re-surface at the pool of Siloam.
- Overnight and dinner: Ibis City Center Hotel, Jerusalem
Thursday, October 31, 2019
- Yad Vashem – Here, in the Holocaust Memorial for the nation of Israel your heart will break for those whose lives were taken in horror.
- Davidson Center – This site will give us a better understanding of the magnitude of Herod’s construction versus what we see today.
- The Western Wall and Tunnels – This is the holiest place of pilgrimage for the Jews! You will have an opportunity to put your prayer requests into the crevices of the wall. We will then walk on the main road at the time of Jesus, through the Rabbi’s tunnel and emerge on the Via Dolorosa.
- Dinner in Town: Local Resturant
Friday, November 01, 2019:
Will arrive home.