ITC/CHT Special Pastor’s Familiarization Study Tour The Roots of Our Faith
Janurary 23th – 31, 2017
Are you are a pastor who has never been to Israel or have not been to Israel recently? This tour is the experience for you! Imagine walking, praying and worshipping in the very places Jesus walked and taught. From a baptismal service in the Jordan River, to reading ”Do you Love Me” along the shores of the Galilee, to an unforgettable Lord’s Supper Service at the Garden Tomb – join us and you will experience all of this and more!
Monday, January 23
- Day 1:
- Our journey begins as we depart on an overnight flight to Israel – the Land of the Bible. Sit back, relax and enjoy your flight. Get some rest for tomorrow, you will walk where Jesus Walked!
Tuesday, January 24
- Day 2:
- Arrival in Israel – Welcome Home
- Today arrive at Ben Gurion Airport, where you will be greeted by your guide and driver. Your CHT repre- sentative will assist you with your luggage. Depending on your arrival time – Transfer to Tel Aviv – Enjoy an escorted tour to Old Jaffa, the oldest port city in the world. See the amazing St. Peter Church and take a spectacular view of Tel Aviv’s shoreline from Jaffa’s hilltop. Peter came to Joppa from Lydda to raise Tabitha (Dorcas) from the dead (Acts 9:36-42). While in Jaffa, the Apostle Peter stayed at the house of Simon the Tanner. The Church of St. Peter marks the traditional site of Peter’s vision of the great sheet. Tel Aviv is Israel’s largest and most modern city. Our Tel Aviv hotel is conveniently located near the shore of the Mediterranean Sea and close to the city center and attractions. After check in, we will have a welcome dinner & orientation meeting. Dinner, overnight: Tel Aviv, Dan Panorama Hotel.
Wednesday, January 25
- Day 3:
- From Tel Aviv to the Galilee
- Tiberias – After an early breakfast, we start our Holy Land journey heading north to the Sea of Galilee. We will have a relaxing drive along the beautiful coast of the Mediterranean Sea and stop at Caesarea Maritima (Acts 9.30 Acts 10 24-48), which was the major center for the early Christians. Here, Cornelius the Centurion and his household were saved and baptized (Acts 10), and it was also here where Paul made his defense before Festus and King Agrippa prior to his final journey to Rome (Acts 25 & 26). Next, we will stop at Mount Carmel (Muhraka), where Elijah issued his challenge to the False Prophets. Then on to Megiddo (1 Kings 4.28, 9, 15, 2 Kings 23, 29& Rev.16.16). Then the Valley of Armageddon (Revelation16), to see the re- mains from Solomon’s days, and view the site where the Battle of Armaged- don was fought. We continue along the Jezreel Valley to visit the town of Nazareth (Luke 1.26, 4.16-29, Matthew 2.23). We will take in an unforgetta- ble view from the top of Mt. Precipice and drive via Cana of Galilee (John 2.1 -11) and the Lower Galilee region to the beautiful Sea of Galilee and the town of Tiberias. We will check in and have dinner at our hotel which is lo- cated on the tranquil shores of the Sea of Galilee. Breakfast and Dinner, overnight: Sea of Galilee, Kibbutz Nof Ginosar.
Thursday, January 26
- Day 4:
- Discovering the Sea of Galilee and the Golan
- Today, we will discover the tranquil Galilee region and the beautiful Golan Heights. After breakfast, we will board a wooden boat and sail on the Sea of Galilee as the Disciples did 2, 000 years ago. We will dock at Kibbutz Nof Ginosar and visit the “Ancient Jesus Boat” -the remains of a 2,000 year old boat that was discovered in 1986. Next, we will drive up to the beautiful Go- lan Heights and learn about the ancient Jewish settlements in this region. Visit Banias – ancient Caesarea Philippi (Matt. 16.13 and Mark 8.27), where Jesus said “On this rock, I will build my Church”. We will drive through the Hula Valley and the Upper Galilee region back to the Sea of Galilee. We conclude this remarkable day in Yardenit, the baptismal site on the Jordan River. Return to our hotel for dinner. Breakfast and Dinner. Overnight: Sea of Galilee, Kibbutz Nof Ginosar.
Friday, January 27
- Day 5:
- Jesus’ Early Ministry along the Sea of Galilee & the River Jordan
- Today, we will experience the area of Jesus’ early ministry. After break- fast, we will drive along the Sea of Galilee and enjoy the breathtaking view from the Mount of Beatitudes (Matt. 5, 6, 7, 8); where Jesus preached the Sermon on the Mount. Next, we will visit Tabgha – the site of the Feeding of the 5,000 and Primacy of Peter (Matt 13, Mark 33-45, & John 21). Here, we will visit the Church of the Multiplication with its 4th Century Mosaic floor. We will continue on to the 2,000 year old remains of Capernaum (Matt.4.13, 13.54, 17.24, Luke 7, Mark 1.2, and John 4.46-54). Here, we can stand in what is left of the synagogue where Jesus ministered. It was from this city that Jesus did most of his Galilean ministry, where he performed many mira- cles, and where Peter’s mother-in-law lived and was healed. From here, we will drive south along the Beth Shean Valley and the ancient city of Beth Shean (Mark 5.20, 7.31), for an overview of this archeological site. It was here that after defeating Saul and his sons on Mount Gilboa, the Philistines hung their bodies on the walls of Beth Shean (1 Samuel 31). We will drive through the Jordan Valley, past the city of Jericho and arrive at the lowest place on earth – the Dead Sea. As we check into our hotel, on the shores of the Dead Sea, we can enjoy some relaxing free time. Float in the salty wa- ters of the Dead Sea, or even take a dip in one of the beautiful pools of our
- hotel. Breakfast and Dinner, overnight: Isrotel Dead Sea, Dead Sea Re- sort & Spa
Saturday, January 28
- Day 6:
- Exploring the Dead Sea and the Judean Desert Dead Sea
- Today, explore the Dead Sea and the Judean Desert region with its Biblical and historical sites. After breakfast, we will drive along the shores of the Dead Sea to visit one of the most spectacular sites in Israel, the 1,500 ft. mountain top fortress of Masada. Built by King Herod, Masada is famous for being the last stronghold of the Jewish rebellion against the Romans. We will ascend to Masada by cable car and discover the 1st Century Synagogue, Herod’s Bathhouse and many other sites. We will continue along the shores of the Dead Sea for a view of the oasis of Ein Gedi; where David hid in a cave when running from Saul (1 Samuel 23). It was here that David com- posed several of his Psalms. Next, we will visit Qumran and walk through the ruins of this ancient Essene community. In this spot, an amazing cache of ancient Biblical texts were discovered in 1947 – commonly called the Dead Sea Scrolls. From here, we will ascend to Jerusalem, the Holy City of Zion. Upon arriving, we will experience a breathtaking panoramic view of this Golden City from Mt. Scopus and take some personal time for prayer as we enter God’s Eternal City. We continue to our centrally located hotel for check in and dinner. Our hotel is conveniently located within walking distance from the Old City of Jerusalem. Free time to rest, relax and enjoy your first eve- ning in Jerusalem. Breakfast and Dinner, overnight: Jerusalem, Dan Panorama Hotel.
Sunday, January 29
- Day 7:
- Touching the Stones of Your Heritage: Jerusalem Old City.
- Today, we walk where Jesus walked! Following an early breakfast, we will begin our first day in Jerusalem and head to the top of the Mount of Olives to stand where the Lord ascended into Heaven (Acts 1). From the Mount of Olives, we can take in a breathtaking view of the city from the Kidron Valley to the Eastern Gate, where the Prince of Peace will enter (Ezekiel 44). We will pass by Pater Noster Church and visit Dominus Flevit where “the Lord wept” as he beheld the Holy City. We will walk the Palm Sunday Road down to the Garden of Gethsemane; where we will see 2,000 year old olive trees dating back to the time of Christ. As we enter the Old City; our first stop will be the Western Wall (“Wailing Wall”) the holiest site in Judaism and one of the original ancient walls that retained the platform where the Holy Temple stood. Next, we have the blessing of entering one of the most important excavations in Israel, the famous Western Wall Tunnels. The tunnels, run- ning along the base of the Western Wall, will lead us through the Second Temple era and reveal the amazing construction of the Temple Mount: giant stones, water supply and a Roman street where our Lord was led to judg- ment. We continue on to St. Anne Church and the Pool of Bethesda. We will walk along the Via Dolorosa, The Stations of the Cross, visiting the Judg- ment Hall of Pilate, all the way to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher (Matt. 27. 33-57, 28.10). In the afternoon, we will enjoy some free time to rest and shop at the colorful Old City Bazaars. As Jerusalem prepares for the beginning of the Shabbat, we will also join in prayer at the Western Wall. We return to our hotel for Shabbat Dinner. Breakfast and Dinner, overnight: Jerusalem, Dan Panorama Hotel.
Monday, January 30
- Day 8:
- City of Zion – Past, Present and Future: Jerusalem
- Old and New City After breakfast, we drive to Mt. Zion and worship in the Upper Room (Luke 22) – the traditional site where Jesus instituted the Lord’s Sup- per and where later Thomas cried, “My Lord and my God”. We will visit the Tomb of King David and walk through the historic Jewish Quarter. As we drive through the New City of Jerusalem, we will pass by the Knesset. Next, we drive to Ein Karem – the birthplace of John the Baptist (Luke 1.39-80) and visit the Church of St. John the Baptist. We continue on to Bethlehem to visit the Church of The Nativity (Luke 2: 1-7). We venture out to the Shepherd’s Field, referenced in Luke 2:8-20, where the Angel appeared to announce the Birth of Jesus. In the late afternoon, we visit the Garden Tomb, where we will celebrate the Resurrection with a time of prayer (Luke 23). We will end the day driving back to our hotel for our great Farewell Dinner. As we share dinner with our new friends; we will be inspired by all of the memories from our Journey – memories that will last a lifetime! After dinner, we transfer to Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion Airport. Your departure transfer will be fully escorted by your tour guide. Breakfast and Farewell Dinner
Tuesday, January 31
- Day 9:
- Arrival back in the U.S
- You arrive this morning back in the U.S.A and start planning your congrega- tional trip to Israel with Christian Holy Land Tours LLC. (800 247 7235)
- Tour Rates
- Pastors Price—Air and Land Package $1649 per person (from Chicago-O’Hare)* Please inquire for price from your gateway city.
- Spouse Price $1,749 per person*
- Land Only Package: Pastor price $999 per person dbl room*
- Land Only Spouse Price: $1099 per person in a double room * Single room supplement $350
- Not including $693 Tax & Fuel Surcharge *
- *(subject to change by airline) Tips are additional costs
- With your application please send a copy of your business card, and a copy of your certificate of ordination.